Thursday, December 22, 2011

haircut happiness


I decided to go back for that haircut. It's a cliche I know but the cathartic value is not to be underrated. We have had a tough year. But now we've moved out of the tough situation, we've moved our stuff into storage, we're making a big life change, we're getting ready for holidays. Perfect time to get a radical haircut to signify the start of something new or really the end of something old. We're praying for better things to come and contentment in the mean time. Meanwhile I've been excited about this haircut.

I assured the hairdresser that I was happy to do whatever she thought was best my only 2 constraints were no shaving and no colouring. And it needed to still be feminine, which is the only theological constraint I could think of. I've had the same haircut for about 7 or 8 years I think so it was time for a change.

   It's pretty short but good for summer, I think.

Here's me and my hairdresser:

We had such a good time. I love Christmas time, and I like how people like talking about Jesus at Christmas time. There are plenty of people out there who care what Christmas is all about: God come down to be with us as a tiny baby, to do for us what we can not do for ourselves, bring us forgiveness. It's a great time to pick up one of the biographies of Jesus life and have a good read of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment