Thursday, December 8, 2011

packing packing packing

Sorry about the blog silence... We're busy packing packing packing up our house at the moment. It's our third move THIS YEAR but that's another story. Needless to say not much gourmet cooking, knitting or pondering life is happening.

For some reason I always start with the laundry and that is almost done. Almost, aaarrrggghhh. I hate that you can't finish it completely, but it's probable that I'm going to have to do some washing and cleaning in the next 10 days.

My strategy this time is to make up 4 big boxes each morning that have to be packed that day. I know I'll still have to do a big push at the end, but at least this means 56 boxes will get packed over the fortnight. I'm a little bit behind but it does make it seem more manageable.

We're also using a different colour pen to label the boxes from last time. So hopefully the contents of the box for this move should be obvious.

The spare room is mostly done.

The kids' clothes and toys we won't need are done.

I'm thinking that I might have to start on the kitchen next. Dreading that.

Of course this move is further complicated by the fact that 2/3 of our stuff will be going into storage. So we have to store the packed boxes in different places depending on their final destination. I'm also trying to see how diligent I can be about numbering and labelling boxes and filling out my spreadsheet. Trying to find something in the storage unit is not going to be fun.

Well I better get back to it.

On another note, my mum is also moving in the next fortnight, and my brother in the next month. We didn't plan that well.

No comments:

Post a Comment