Wednesday, June 27, 2012

socking it to London

So my lovely brother and his wife have birthdays on consecutive days and are currently living in London so these socks were completed some time ago. They did however arrive safely and were unwrapped over the weekend.


For my SIL I revisited one of my favourite patterns which I've also made for my mum, see here. This however is the alternative version with the lace pattern continuing all the way down the foot (straight laced). The cables are mirror images of each other which adds a little interest.


The pattern: Haleakala by Cookie A
Yarn: Caper Sock by String Theory
Colour way: Charcoal
And can I say this yarn is really fabulous. As well as a sensible nylon component for durability it also has 10% cashmere for sheer delightfulness.

For my brother, I knitted my new favourite sock pattern for blokes. I think I might be knitting this one again. It's a kind of faux argyle sock pattern using travelling cable stitches which really 'pop'.



I also think the eye of partridge heel looks really good with a variegated yarn.


The pattern: Business Casual by Tanis Lavallee
Yarn: Caper Sock by String Theory
Colourway: Peacock
And can I just say that I was a little disappointed that the colours weren't a bit more lurid - I think my brother can really pull off a cheeky business sock :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment