Tuesday, November 8, 2011

addicted to sock knitting

I've been knitting for a while now. Mainly children's jumpers (they're quick and you can be sure they'll fit them at some stage), and accessories such as scarves and hats. But to tell you the truth I was intimidated by socks plus I didn't much see the point (I don't wear socks that often and you can just buy them quite cheaply). Well obviously that's all changed.

This is because
- they're easy to transport around
- they don't take that long to make
- they make a good gift for the person who has everything
- you can try out a new technique without committing to a large project
- I was nervous about using DPNs
- of the sense of achievement in facing your fears

So my not so secret project is to knit socks for some of the significant people in my life. I'll post a picture once they've been gifted. And you can wait with bated breath to see if there's one on the way for you :)

Here's a picture of the first pair of socks that I ever knitted. I've ravelled them here. I'm really very happy with them.


I currently have four pairs on the go which I think is a little excessive. I'm looking forward to completing some of them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment