Friday, November 4, 2011

A dinner winner for everyone

I was fortunate enough to receive a subscription of delicious. magazine for my birthday this year. But I must admit that I haven't been making full use of this wonderful gift. So far all we'd done was the Christmas in July menu from the June edition (which was fantastic by the way, especially the coleslaw and the pork roast stuffing).

So now I'm intending to make amends and get cracking on some of the great recipes but, and here's the kicker, also making them successful for the whole family. And tonight's attempt was a winner.

Recipe: Jill Dupleix's hot and sour noodle soup with minced chicken
Source: delicious. July 2011.

Loved the hot and sour flavours, all balanced nicely. Also added more noodles and prawns than the recipe suggested.




Mini Mods: Gigi and Badger had pan fried prawns and chicken meatballs (I added bread crumbs and tomato sauce to the chicken mince), rice noodles and broccolini.


Verdict: eaten by all, happy days :)

No comments:

Post a Comment